Friday, April 13, 2007

What the. . . . Hail?

"Just like an Easter Egg hunt, Mom!"

"Mom, can we go inside now? I think we're going to get struck by lightening!"

Not an Easter Egg!


"Can I bring these in to show to Daddy?"


What a storm! I guess we can just call ourselves lucky that we didn't get hit by the accompanying tornado. Despite the panic of golf-ball-sized hail hitting the windows, we did have some fun in the house when the power went out. The kids were a little scared when Dave and I told them we needed to get into a small room and make a "hut" by putting a mattress over us in case we had to "take cover". Luckily, the storm passed quickly. We had barely formulated the plan, and a few minutes later it passed our area. We were also glad that we had our cars in the garage before it even started (by about 60 seconds). I have never seen hail this big before, so I talked the kids into getting some pictures before it all melted. They were scared to go out at first, but warmed up to the idea of going out when Josh said, "Hey, It's just like an Easter egg hunt!" I'm glad we were safe and that it didn't last long. I'm also glad we learned a lesson in preparedness- one flash light and not a single candle is not exactly "prepared".

2 comments:

abr said...

I can't believe that you had hail that big! We didn't have anything but rain and a little wind. There was a tree down this morning at Kroger...I'm glad your cars are safe and that you are too.
alexis

Liz said...

What the kids said was adorable. I really like your blog.