Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Egg Hunt

Josh and Liz before the "hunt"
Go Joshy, Go!
Lizzy shivering in the cold
Nice Hat!
I never thought we would be "snowed out" for an Easter egg hunt in Texas! It actually snowed the day before Easter and we had to change our egg hunt to the church. I was even more surprised- pleasantly surprised- to see hot chocolate being served at the picnic. We had a great time, and sat by Josh's primary teacher. I was working hard to make sure he ate his good food first and that his manners were good for her, and failed to notice that Lizzy- who was sitting right next to me- ate her cookie first, then snuck mine right off my plate and finished it while I was chatting. Those sneaky 6 years olds! The hunt was fun, but I realized that my kids are just not that good at competing for candy filled eggs. Josh ended up with only 3 eggs, so I told him, "Its okay, when we find Lizzy, she will share some of hers." But when we found Lizzy, she was starring sadly into her basket- only one egg! I had to chuckle a little, but all was well after some of the other kids shared and made things a little more even.

No comments: