Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Princess at Heart

Lizzy and Kyle
Flora Fauna and Merrywheather (I need a better camera)
The lovely Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip
Everyone's favorite mice!
Emma, Lizzy, Kyle, and Miranda
I want to be a kid again! The ice show was amazing- I guess we can generally assume. . .
"If it's Disney, it's magic!" I know I've heard and seen these princess fairy-tales hundreds of times, yet it was so exciting and magical- I was captivated the entire show. OK- not the entire show- sorry Mulan, your routine wasn't princessy enough to keep up with Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Arial, but the other princesses more than made up for it. I even looked over at my friend who brought her 3 daughters and she was so enamored she had tears in her eyes. I think these princess stories somehow become a part of who we are as we grow through childhood imagining ourselves as our favorite princess. It seems we each have one that is the most magical of all to us. I remember seeing Cinderella- "my" princess- when I was about 7 years old with my aunt and sister. I treasure the memory and remember how real the story was to me. Lizzy loves Sleeping Beauty and I love that she has been our little "princess" now for over 4 years! I was worried that she was growing out of the stage, but I think at heart she is still a princess- just like her mom.

No comments: