Friday, October 2, 2009

Just a Spoon Full of Sugar. . .

. . . helps the medicine go down,
in the most delightful way!
Mary Poppins was as *delightful* as ever and I would highly recommend getting out to see this production at the Music Hall at the Dallas Fair Park. We were incredibly lucky to score tickets at a great price with some of Lizzys friends. I took Lizzy and her friend Audrey and we met up with some of her other friends and their moms last night. I got stuck bringing Anna with me at the last minute as Dave (working late as usual- lately) took Josh to his office to get some work done.
The show was amazing and I'm certain I couldn't give it justice with a blog post- but I will say that it may be the best Broadway production I've seen yet. It was very well done. The lighting, music, performers, and special effects were almost magical- as I'm sure they were meant to be since it's Mary Poppins :). Our favorite was the ending when she floats away in perfect form- over almost the entire audience. I would love to see it again with Dave since the first half of the production I was a little distracted trying to get Anna to sleep. She did really well overall, considering it was almost 3 hours in one spot without crying.
The music brought back memories of childhood
and the songs were lovely to hear again.

1 comment:

chattypatra said...

I'm so glad you were able to go see it. It does look amazing from the previews.

♪Oh, it's a jolly holiday
With Mary
Mary makes your 'eart so light
When the day is gray
And ordinary
Mary makes the sun shine bright!♫